. . . . . . . The Daily Blarf

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Talk about irony. My mom starts reading my blog. Now everyone's moms are reading everyone's blogs. (the onion article.) that is whack. are moms out to get us all??? actually, i think i'm pretty safe. no drug use, casual sex, or general misconduct. i'm a good boy. mom even thinks i'm a good writer. how do i know? cuz mommy said so, thats why!



perhaps i should consider a new line of work. this one looks good. better than what i'm currently doing, anyway.

more about work. today i found out that the GM's told my supervisor to write up a warning slip for me because i didn't take a lunch break one day over two weeks ago. the reasoning is, there is no excuse to not take a lunch break, and it is state law. okay, fine. you got me there. let's ignore the fact that this is normal operating procedure, since we are short staffed on managment. if we were so busy that i couldn't take a break, i was doing it out of necessity and for the good of the company. the only other reason would be that there just wasn't anyone there to cover my break, since there are only three managers to cover over 100 hours during the week, and many times there's only one of us there. skipping breaks, or adding in breaks that we never took to timecards is commonplace. how many breaks have i punched myself out for and worked through? who knows. a lot. also ironic is that of us three managers, i'm the stickler for taking breaks and having correct timecards. but for some reason, the GMs decided to search thru thousands of employee timecards and found one of mine? hmmm. i wonder if this has anything to do with them finding out i am going for the trooper job and them wanting me demoted for it. hmmm. they've fired and demoted people at other shops for stupid little stuff like this before. the GM told my super, "we're not out to get Ben", but what other reason would they do that for? now they have a written warning slip for me, which is all they need to fire or demote me. (my record with this company was spotless until now.) okay general managers, if you want to fuck me, THEN FUCK ME ALREADY. don't pansy-ass around. yes, i just said the f-word twice. yes, that's the first time i've said the f-word in my blog. yes, mom is gonna read the f-word. twice. she'll understand. she might just be saying it herself.