. . . . . . . The Daily Blarf

Thursday, December 16, 2004




today was my birthday.

it could have been like this:

They say it's your birthday
It's my birthday too, yea
They say it's your birthday
We're gonna have a good time
I'm glad it's your birthday
Happy birthday to you
~Beatles 'Birthday'

or perhaps like this:

go go go go go go go shawty
its ya birthday
we gonna party like its ya birthday
we gonna sip bicardi like its ya birthday
and u know we dont give a **** that its ya birthday
~50 Cent 'In Da Club'

but it was more like this:

Every dog has its day every day has its way
Of being forgotten -
Mom it's my birthday
What would you say
~Dave Matthews Band 'What Would You Say'

yes, it is indeed true. my mother doesnt love me anymore. she didnt call her youngest son on his birthday.

other than the total diss by my mother, it was a good day. joanna was the first to wish me happy birthday--at midnight last night. my aunt called and sang happy birthday at 7:25 am. the guys at work said happy birthday and one of them even got me a birthday cake pie. the home office sent me a "on this day in history" birthday thingie. my supervisor bought me lunch at hooters for my birthday. grandma pulled off a coup by getting a birthday card here today. silvia, the italian penpal, sent me a birthday text message. mark said happy birthday yesterday. my sister-in-law called tonight with a happy birthday. some random chick named diane sent me an e-birthday card. (i'm thinking that was joanna punking me, but i'm not sure. or maybe it was diane p.--not sure.) i got a bunch of email birthday wishes. the volleyball team said happy birthday. i even got a birthday note from the Jeep Scrambler Forum, of all places.

but nothing from mommy.

*sigh*

so much to say, so much to say, so much to say, so much to saaaaay.

-------

i decided against going out after volleyball tonight in favor of saturday night partying. (duty calls at 7:30 am tomorrow.)

--more blarf later.

just kidding, mom... i guess.