. . . . . . . The Daily Blarf

Friday, October 10, 2003

i washed the scrambler yesterday and it got so much attention today. I just spent 2 hours driving around downtown syracuse, and before i even got in it to go, a fellow tenant at my complex stopped & asked about it. all told, i got 2 "jeep waves", at least 3-4 stares/head turns, and 4 people stopped me to ask about it. that's a new record, set in 2 hours. the jeep done good today.

my plan was to go to the DMV to renew my license and get a record of tickets. i need that for my state trooper application. i put the $1.50 parking down the drain when i walked in the building and immediately walked out. i've never seen a DMV like this in my life and i never will again. rows and rows of church-style seating, with every walk of life imaginable waiting with take-a-tabs in hand. to hell with that. i thought it was bad in watertown. the line there is rarely more than 15 people, and this one had probably 200. i'll take care of business next time i'm up in jefferson county.

trying to get the state trooper application done. i have the physical test coming up at the end of this month. i not worried about passing that, but i am a bit freaked that i won't pass the damn hearing test. i've always been partially hearing impared ("half deaf bastard") in my right ear. this would be the first time in my life that my hearing has had a tangible effect on me. you can't have a deaf cop asking a perp to repeat himself in a weapons-drawn stand off, i guess. if you want to get technical, i should actually be called a "quarter-deaf bastard" since i'm half deaf in only one ear.